We’ve put together some helpful tips in maintaining your home during the winter:
- Don’t use rock salt melt on concrete – use sand or gravel
- Change furnace filters
- Change smoke detector batteries
- Monitor the roof for any ice dams or damage. Icicles hanging from your roof line is an indication of a poorly insulated attic and a potential ice damn threat.
- Keep large snowdrifts from piling up against your home.
- During deep cold spells (less than 15 degrees for more than 24 hours) keep all interior doors open to encourage heat circulation.